Users of BlackBerry 10 handsets that have upgraded to the latest 10.3.1 software can now use BlackBerry Blend. This useful piece of software can be installed on Windows PCs, Macs, iPads and Android tablets and provides a seamless and secure connection to the handset. Continue reading
Apple have today released an update to iOS for iPhones and iPads; version 8.1.3. The update fixes a number of existing bug, the biggest being that less available space is needed to run OS updates.
The fixes include:
- Reduces the amount of storage required to perform a software update
- Fixes an issue that prevented some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and FaceTime
- Addresses an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
- Fixes an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
- Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing
iOS 8.1.3 is compatible with all iOS8 compatible iPhone models, fifth-generation iPod touch, iPad 2 and above and all iPad Mini models.
Please ensure that you have backed up your device before performing the update. Continue reading
Early this month, Apple released a report on its latest sales figures, showing a significant increase in handset sales compared with last year.
Sales of iPhones were 39.3 million handsets compared with 33.8 million in the same quarter last year. As the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were released during this quarter, this is being seen as the most successful handset launch in Apple’s history accounting for 56% of sales. Continue reading
Apple have today released a new update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; version 7.1.2.
According to their press release this update covers these points:
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of mail attachments Continue reading
Apple have this week released a new update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; version 7.1.1. Continue reading
BlackBerry announced this week two affirmations of its security: the US Department of Defense approval for use of its BB10 handsets, and certification of its Multi-Platform Mobility Solution. Continue reading
Apple have this week released a new update for their iPhones, iOS 7.1 Continue reading
In a report released on Tuesday, Gartner has predicted that Android devices will on their way to more than 1 billion people in 2014. Continue reading
Apple have released a new update to iOS 7 today offering bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue that causes Face Time calls to fail for some users. They have also updated the Apple TV firmware to version 6.0.2 Continue reading
A new version of iOS7 has been released by Apple.
Update 7.0.3 will fix a raft of complaints from users about motion sickness, issues with iMessage and poor calibration of level sensors on the iPhone 5S. It will also add iCloud keychain feature to randomize passwords used on different sites.